Sunday, July 15, 2012

Road to... cont'd, part trois.

Yes, we made it to Victoria. We have seen and done much, as the pictures (seen on my Facebook albums) have shown. I only wish I could remember all the wild and crazy things we have done, but it is late as I write this, having had a couple of Rum and Cokes and shared a few bottles of wine.
On this day three of the four of us went back to Victoria to check out the RBCM.  But not before we went to the local Farm Market.
It was awesome.  In the local church back yard, the local farmers, fishermen and sundry other locals shared there wares.  They could not have been nicer, friendlier or more eclectic!  If I did not feel like such an interloper from California, I would have struck up more conversations.  Especially with the (very) elderly gentleman with the jeweled, manicured finger and toe nails.  But I digress...

I promised Miss Wendy, who needed to stay behind to find her ankles, that we would be home before dark!  It get's dark here around 9:30 - we laughed, she did not - (Actually, she needed to rest her aching back :(  - she was feeling much better upon our return).
The museum was cool, as was the IMAX movie. Biggest screen in British Columbia, dontchaknow!
While driving back I needed to pick up breakfast and a light snack.  A Tim Horton's Maple doughnut and a Swiss Chalet Chicken dinner.  They had them both in the same place - Nirvana!  Pictures tomorrow, perhaps.  Alas, all was not perfect.
While preparing to go and locking the car, I reached behind me to close the door.  Little did I know that the genius engineer who designed the front doors put them on a severe angle.  So much so that while it cleared by big butt (bigger while eating on vacation) it did not clear my  tiny little head.  It smacked me so good, Jay turned and said WTF?
Well, it broke the skin and I have a nice souvenir of the TH/SC on my head!  So far, the chicken, fries and gravy appetizer were worth it.  I will let you know how the doughnuts are tomorrow. And if there is any residual pain.  Not a big fan of the teasing I am getting from Cathy, et al, however!

So, to bring you up to speed, here are some other days of images from our trip, but not including today.  I would have done today, but with the grilling, drinking, and following up on all the comments, I can only do today's images another day...

Day 5

Day 6

Day7

Feel free to leave your thoughts.  Or not, eh.

Here is a short video of our rainstorm. 







No comments: