Sunday, March 29, 2020

While I was away...

Meanwhile.  For as long as I can remember (that's not very long - editor) I have been saving grape seeds.  Anytime I visit a winery and they allow picking a few grapes to taste, I do. I always spit the seeds to my hand and then a pocket, ideally in a Kleenex.
Way back in October, 2018, while on a hike through the Back Bay of Newport beach, we walked by the private estate of Newport Beach Vineyard & Winery. As luck would have it, they were hosting a Brunch / Grape Harvest party.
My sheers and payload.
Being on the outside of the fence where grapes were not accessible to the crew, I had them pass shears through to me.  I cut off those out of reach and handed them back. They offered a small bunch for a snack...
Moments later the foreman waved us over, thanking us for the help. Then invited us in, allowing us to continue the harvest, joining the taco brunch/lunch, AND a glass of wine. Several hours later we left, never finishing our hike ;)

As I always do with the seeds I save, after drying, I plant them.  See next post...


No comments: