Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend - 2012

Long weekend get-a-way in Encinitas with the Raymond's; actually, so far only Louise, as Marc is still working away at LMG - but fear not, he will be here this evening.

Posting pictures here to help remind me that I need to keep this active.  I will cross post on Facebook, but this way people not on Facebook can see them.

So far, nice beach cottage on a cliff overlooking the ocean.  A steep cliff drop of several hundred feet, so Bernice stay's far from the edge.  However, this morning our neighbor to the south was laying in his lounge chair, sans clothing!  Once she stopped giggling like a school girl, she managed to get closer for a better view.  I missed the show, but Cathy was impressed, so I will leave the rest to your imagination.

The Sun begins to set shortly after our arrival.

Looking North, notice the drop? Also, two surfers heading home for the day.


Dad watching son fall on the rocks.

Our Beach Cottage.  Really need to work on my stock picking...

Looking South.  Note lounge chair near the center.

This rocker might be my station for the weekend.

The sun sets on day 1...
Hopefully, more to come.  Hope you all have a great Memorial Day Weekend.  The weather is here, we wish you were, too!

6 comments:

drail said...

If you find the winning stock...send the tip our way. We woke up to Frost this morning, so I am not going to get my garden in this weekend :( Enjoy yourself enough for us Calgarians too.

glennlarkin said...

If I find the right stock, hopefully I will be able to simply send you a bag of cash!
Bummer on the frost - it takes a hardy soul to live the Alberta life! Clearly, I am the wimp of the family.
But we will do our best to have enough fun to spread around... Sorry about your garden :(

Wab said...

Not sure if the nude sun bather is considered "Cathy Luck" or not?! Did Bernice forget about her fear of heights once she became transfixed by the neighbor in the buff?

Have a great time and what the heck, drink a bunch of wine and get naked!

Wab said...

Not sure if the nude sun bather is considered "Cathy Luck" or not?! Did Bernice forget about her fear of heights once she became transfixed by the neighbor in the buff?

Have a great time and what the heck, drink a bunch of wine and get naked!

Earl & linda Daly said...

If you find the winning stock....just send a private plane......We would be happy to join you!!!!

glennlarkin said...

Wendy, based on the glowing report from Bernice, I would say yes, Cathy Luck! And yes to Bernice - what fear of heights??
We are drinking plenty of wine, but no nakedness. At least not yet...

@Linda - I will have the pilot call ahead.